Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Satyam (Known for Worst HR Practices) Fires Hundreds of Employees

It was a flurry of pink slips at IT major Satyam Computers on Tuesday when it axed over 100 employees from its rolls in Chennai. According to the employees, they received a call from the human resource (HR) department on Monday asking them to meet HR managers who informed them that they were being fired.

"There was no intimation and the company officials didn't even bother to listen to us when we asked for an explanation," said Vasanth (name changed) who has been with Satyam for over two years. Apparently the US recession cost them their jobs, he said. "They gave us a letter, which said our services had been terminated. We approached the company officials to provide us the option of voluntary resignation. Then we were given relieving letters," lamented another employee, on condition of anonymity. He also said that they were not given any compensation.

When contacted, S.V. Krishnan, HR head, Satyam Computers, ruled out any move to retrench employees due to the economic slowdown. He said the company had a rating policy wherein bottom performers were asked to leave. "We concluded our appraisal process a few weeks back. The employees might have left voluntarily or due to bad performance," he said. He noted that Satyam has been consistently adding more employees to its rolls. "There is growth, but at a slow pace," he said. Employees from the company said more layoffs are expected in the next two weeks.


Satyam is notorious for its HR policy; hardly any Ex-Satyam would be proud to have worked there!!!



Rediff Shopping

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo
ma.gnolia squidoo newsvine live netscape tailrank mister-wong blogmarks slashdot spurl StumbleUpon

4 comments:

some one who cares you said...

Satyam Sucks! I have been terminated this month without any valid reason.I phave resigned my job in satyam. but hR people did not accept my resignation. i have been harrassed by HR , that , work for satyam next 6 months or else i will get terminated!...At last , i told them , as per the agreement in my offer letter, i will work for the notice period and i will not be ready to work for satyam next 6 months [cos that is not my agreement in satyam]/...finally they called me for enquiry and give me the termination letter. My career has been spoiled by satyam..not only me, almost 100 people have been fired during this month! dont encourage others to look for ob in satyam or make your friends in satyam make aware of this and tell them to try outside. Really...really...really...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS........

some one who cares you said...

fdgdfg

Anonymous said...

Satyam Sucks! I have been terminated this month without any valid reason.I phave resigned my job in satyam. but hR people did not accept my resignation. i have been harrassed by HR , that , work for satyam next 6 months or else i will get terminated!...At last , i told them , as per the agreement in my offer letter, i will work for the notice period and i will not be ready to work for satyam next 6 months [cos that is not my agreement in satyam]/...finally they called me for enquiry and give me the termination letter. My career has been spoiled by satyam..not only me, almost 100 people have been fired during this month! dont encourage others to look for ob in satyam or make your friends in satyam make aware of this and tell them to try outside. Really...really...really...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS...SATYAM SUCKS........

Anonymous said...

Moin [name changed].

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...